Call for Papers
Call for Papers
Review of English and American Literature is a scholarly journal in Chinese, published by the English and American Literature Association. The journal ranks as one of the “highly recommended” journals in the Discipline of Foreign Literatures credited by the National Science Council of Taiwan and is included in the Taiwan Humanities Citation Index Core (THCI Core) database. Articles, book reviews and interviews on English and American literature are all welcome.
1. Submissions must be made by August 31th, 2016.
2. All submissions must be sent via email attachments. Manuscripts should be accompanied by titles, abstract, key words (in both Chinese and English) and page numbers. Each submission should also include a separate cover sheet that contains the following information: the author’s Chinese and English names, professional affiliation, correspondence address, email address and telephone/fax.
3. All Chinese manuscripts should not exceed 20,000 words and must be written with reference to the MLA style(7th edition).
4. To facilitate the blind review process, there should be no indication of the author’s personal identity in the manuscript.
5. It is the author’s responsibility to obtain written permission from original authors or publishers to use or reproduce copyrighted materials (e.g. pictures) in the manuscript.
6. Chinese translations of manuscripts that have been published elsewhere are not considered. To encourage young scholars and promote rigorous research on English and American literature, however, chapters of M.A. theses or doctoral dissertations prior to an oral defense may be submitted for consideration. Prior to submission of such manuscripts, contributors are advised to consult graduation requirements and consider the possible complications such as the application for National Science Council projects in the future.
7. Manuscripts that are under consideration for publication elsewhere are not welcome. Submissions violating academic ethics will be immediately rejected and the same author’s future submissions will not be considered.
8. The author of accepted submissions will receive two complimentary copies of the issue of which the article is published as well as a PDF file of the article. Uponacceptance of his/her article for publication, the author is required to sign a copyright agreement form. The English and American Literature Association has signed contracts with Ariti Incorporation, Hyweb Technology, ASIAWORLD Digital Technology and Wordpedia.com to provide electronic full-text services. Article accepted for publication will be available on Chinese Electronic Periodical Services (CEPS), HyRead, Taiwan Journal Full-text Database (TJFD) and Taiwan Academic Onlilne (TAO).
9. Please send electronic manuscripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Submissions via regular mail should be accompanied by one hard copy and one disc copy of the manuscript and sent to Prof. Hsin-ya, Huang. Department of Foreign Languages and Literature, National Sun Yat-sen University, Lien-Hai Road, Kaohsiung 804, Taiwan ROC.